Travelling while doing business is a whole lot of different story than when you travel for pleasure. First of all, you do not get a chance to visit all the tourism places as your main goal is doing business, also, traveling can be stressful, but When traveling for work, that stress is multiplied.
Taking that into consideration we would like to give you some tips if you’re ever in the situation in which you lose your phone while traveling for business.
- Report the lost/stolen device to your IT team and if it was stolen, to the local authorities.
- Send an SMS to your own number and state clearly how to contact you (maybe your hotel address and telephone number). Also what incentives they will get. Sometimes share that the photos are important to you will also persuade people to return the phone.
- This is more of a preventive measure that you can take, always backup your phone’s data so that in the event that you’re phone is stolen or lost, you still have your business data backed up.
- Remotely wipe the device. If this option has been enabled it can be very helpful, saving you the stress of worrying that someone outside your business can access your data.
- Locate device. Most devices have the capability of being tracker by the owner, as long as the options has been enabled. Both Android and iOS devices offer this simple solution that may save the hassle that cause losing your phone.
- Always keep your password store safely, that way if your devices is lost/stolen, you still have access where you saved your password and are not locked out of your business data.
- Never leave your phone unattended or unlocked. These days, mobile devices are as important as one day wallets were, they contain all type of information that it it gets to the wrong hands can compromise your business.
- If it is not necessary, leave your phone in your hotel/place where you are staying, do not take it with you if you don’t have to access your business data or make any important calls.